Sunday, March 12, 2006

Mookkusali Samiyar

I couldn't believe this when I read the story in Outlook magazine. The title, which is in Tamil, translates to Snot Swami. The name of the swami seems curious and somewhat disgusting. Did it mean that this guy actually "blesses" his "devotees" with his snot? People can't be that gullible and senseless, can they?

When the story confirmed that this guy really snots and spits on his "devotees"...man(!!) , I just don't know what to say. How can people allow themselves to be snotted on and spit on and think they are being blessed?? I doubt I'll ever understand.

Somewhere in that story is an interesting sentence..."If Arumugam was just another agricultural laborer, people would have refused water from him. Now, they welcome his snot on their faces."

No comments: