Saturday, April 23, 2005

Spring Time

This is most likely the first time I have experienced a change in the seasons...winter slowly but surely giving way to spring! Almost all my life, I have lived in the tropics or in the low temperate regions where a change in the seasons usually meant a slight change in the temperature and nothing more.

Now I am experiencing for myself the true magic of spring. Grassy meadows and lawns ,once covered with snow or dew, are now transforming into fields of bright yellow flowers. Everybody's lawns are turning into a riot of colors and I am seeing colors I dont remember seeing before in nature. But what I like best is the long days; with daylight still lingering on till about 8:30pm there are so many things to do in the evenings. And best of all the evenings are only going to be getting longer!

No comments: