Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The Rise of India?

India seems to be becoming the flavor of the world of late. This week's Time magazine cover features the Rise of India. One sentence I read in that story in Time is something like this..." If some one were to put a gun to my head and asked me to choose investing all my money in the US or in India, I would choose India". Phew! that's heady stuff.

Also check out the Foreign Affairs Journal , published by the reputed Council on Foreign Relations. Their cover story is titled "The Rise of India" and has very interesting articles by Gurcharan Das (His article has little new for those who have read his India Unbound), C. Raja Mohan and Sumit Ganguly. Not all articles are available online, but I am sure you will find the journal in any good library. I think the articles are worth reading, much better than the Time magazine articles.

We all know India very intimately, atleast we think we do. I wonder what you make of all this attention India is getting recently.

No comments: