Friday, April 01, 2005

California On My Mind...

I was welcomed back on my return to Idaho by a frigid breeze and a slight drizzle. Surely, it wasn't the welcome I wanted! The cold and soggy weather inevitably made me miss California.

Geographically, California seems to have it all; lush green valleys, mountains and rolling hills, deserts, beaches and a craggy coast line, and majestic forests. The seventeen mile drive near Monterey Bay, with the rocky coast on one side and beautiful cypress tree groves on the other, was truly a fantastic natural beauty. The state's sheer natural beauty seems to explain why so many want to live there despite its high cost of living.

Yosemite National park and the Mojave desert were two areas I missed visiting. I am sure I will return sometime.

No comments: